Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Motreal Dieu Du Ciel, Brewtopia, & Methusaleh of beer!


I am swamped with real work stuff, so I have to keep this brief. But I wanted to blog about some of the fabulous beers I had on my vacation. I had no access (my choice) to the internet for almost my entire trip.
So I mentioned that we brewed all the beer for our friends wedding, and here are the cute names, and the beers we drank;
Grow Alt Together (my favorite name), BrideAle Maple Wheat, Wedding Saison, The Bride Wore Wit, Bride & Groom Bier de Guarde – all pretty self explanatory. We finished 6 out of the 10 kegs (soda size not regular) plus a methusaleh of a Belgium Triple. I would explain what that is, but it is way cooler to check out how large that is on your own.
After our trip to Vermont came Montreal where we visited Dieu Du Ciel and had some Peche Mortel and Hébergement. What is so amazing about this brewery is that they keep all 18 of their beers on tap all the time. That is something that is very rare and awesome.
We also visited (for the first time) Brutopia. We have been to Montréal a number of times and never made it there. In a wine filled city, this was such a wonderful haven for beer lovers.
On our way out of the country we of course had to take some beers with us, only about a case, and came across a really interesting fact. Chouffe outsources! What I mean by that is we grabbed a couple of Chouffe beers because of the different labels and upon further investigation (actually reading the label) we saw that it was brewed in Canada. Can’t wait to try!!!!!
Will let you know as we drink the rest our thoughts on the new (to us) beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment